Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man-Made Terror

Excluding any disaster that threatens your life, I think there's nothing quite as scary as waking up to the "can't boot computer" screen of death. I woke to it this morning, and I really wished I were still dreaming. My little PC had tried to reboot in the night after upgrading one program or another, and somehow failed miserably at the task of just starting up again. I think the terror comes partly from knowing this piece of aluminum and circuits will rule your day and suck your time until you can tame it into running again. I have to fix a problem with the Registry Editor, it seems. I can foresee fun computer times ahead of me in the next few days.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

*poke, poke* : )

December 31, 2008 at 1:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home