Monday, June 20, 2005

Girls' Bike Club: "Shut Up Tom Cruise" edition

Sars at Tomato Nation has The Vine, her rocking advice column, as well as many interesting essays. My favourite series of essays is without a doubt the Girls' Bike Club. The Girls' Bike Club is basically a collection of male celebrities who either get into legal problems or are generally acting like idiots, jackasses, and/or douchebags. The format of the essays is just as a discussion between Sars and her friend Wing. It always cracks me up so. Well, this week's essay is all about Crazy Tom Cruise, and angry Russell Crowe. It's a good read.

Seriously, what is up with Tom Cruise? I'm very empathetic towards people who suffer from mental illness, not that Cruise suffers from one as Scientologists believe there is no such thing as mental illness or, at least, nothing that can't be solved with vitamins. *shakes head* Anyway, regardless, it's very sad and dismaying to see him unravelling like that. Sanity is a sad thing to misplace.

Besides that, I'm reading
Vanity Fair in my very scarce free time (i.e., while eating a meal or on the subway). Anyway, good profile of Nicole Kidman, if not exactly hard-hitting. But she doesn't deserve to be hit hard at this time (see crazy Tom and his formely-charming teen star bride-to-be). There is also an interesting story about the Michael Jackson's trial, an event I've been avoiding like the plague. There is also a piece on Iran, and the article I've been waiting for, the revelation of the real identity of Deep Throat. Can't wait to read it.

Prior to my purchase of Vanity Fair, I was reading "Un dimanche à la piscine à Kigali", a semi-fictionalized story about the genocide in Rwanda. Very well-written book on a very disturbing topic.

Picked up Gwen Stefani's "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." & "Motown Unmixed" at HMV today. I'm currently playing Gwen Stefani's album, and it's wonderful!

Wow, I realized I was able to talk about a bunch of things not involving my job. Unbelievable! Good thing because I had a really long & somewhat stressful day. I love teaching but it's one tough job.

Night!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I rag on Tom Cruise, my husband thinks I am being terribly critical.

Bwahahahahahaha!

June 22, 2005 at 2:53 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

You know, I usually don't care too much what celebrities do but he's really trying to make us care by invading the public space. I can't seem to escape his presence on TV or online. So he wants me to cares so I shall. Except it's not the good kind of caring! LOL Shut up Tom Cruise! Thank you. ;)

June 22, 2005 at 6:05 p.m.  
Blogger Anil P said...

I suppose Tom Cruise is merely cruising in the wrong lane. So long there ain't too many cars coming opposite he'll do fine.

June 28, 2005 at 1:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home