Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Yes, I Am Still Alive and Kicking...

Hee. I spent time in Montreal, far, far away from the computer. It was nice to spend time just mucking around with my family. On Friday, I watched the exciting skeleton competition with my dad, and watched crime shows with my mom. We had never realized we both love real crime shows so we spent a few hours on Friday night lounging on the couch. My mom likes to say it's to train for her future as a PI/cop. LOL

I spent Saturday with my friend Eve. We went shopping, which was fun except I got a bit lost driving (Not my fault! The road has been modified recently in a neighbourhood I'm familiar with & the new signs suck badly!) and I broke the necklace I bought ohhh... about 10 seconds after buying it. Yeah, I dropped the shopping bag containing said necklace, and the string of the necklace broke. Anyway, I bought some string, and I was able to fix it. :) Then, we went out for
dinner, and went to Eve's with DVDs. It was very cold (like -30 celsius cold) so staying inside (or insane as I first typed it! LOL) was a must.
We rented 2 movies, one in French and then, The Aristocrats. I believe Eve and I are unbelievably twisted because we laughed so much at that latter movie. The Aristocrats is a documentary/retelling by numerous comedians of the filthiest joke ever told. (Trust me, it is pretty much as unspeakable as it gets! Hee.) It's sort of the jazz equivalent of joke telling. The first sentence and the punchline are always the same but the riffing in between is unique to each person who tells it. Bob Saget has by far the most twisted version but my favourite tellings were probably by George Carlin, Steven Wright, Howie Mandel, and Paul Reiser. I know there were other good ones, one by a card magician who used cards to tell the joke. Eric Idle was just riffing and was hilarious. Jon Stewart was there (he was in The Daily Show's makeup chair while being interviewed) but refused to tell the joke! It was cute. Oh, and Eric Idle was funny just because he always is. Anyway, I recommend it only if you have a high tolerance for twisted humour. By the way, you may want to quit 20 minutes into it thinking there possibly be more. Stick with it, it does pick up again!

On Sunday, I did a lot of uninteresting things but then, I went to see my grandma, which is always a nice thing. My grand-maman is going to be 80 this year! Anyway, she gave my mom a big pile of trashy Quebecois star magazines (US Weekly/People-like magazines) to pass along to someone else we know. My brother and I cracked ourselves up so much thumbing through the pile. We love snark.
Monday, I went by my brother's office for some dental treatments. I have spots and bumps on my teeth due to too much fluoride growing up (took care a bit too much of my teeth growing up!) so I've had caps on my front teeth for 15+ years. They were old and needed to be replaced. Anyway, my brother removed them. He did such a good job polishing my teeth to get rid of some of the spots that I may not need new caps. Plus, my brother got me outfitted with this awesome bleaching kit, and if the spots are totally gone after that, no caps! I say wheeeee to that possibility.
Anyway, that is my life in a (long) nutshell! :) I promise not to disappear too much!

Labels: , , , , , , ,