Sunday, June 26, 2005

I Think I Should Start My Own Cult...

It really seems to work for 20th century oddballs like Ayn Rand and L. Ron Hubbard. Seriously though, reading about all these people with what seem like outrageous beliefs drive me absolutely bonkers. Now, I realize that not everyone can think like me, nor would it be very interesting if they all did. Although it might make me queen of them all. Mwahahaha! To get back to the point (LOL), I guess I have a few very strong beliefs such as in the importance of caring for each other, which staunch Objectivism opposes, and the importance of scientific knowledge when it comes to mental health issues, which Scientology seems to disregard totally. I'm at a loss when I come to be confronted with systems of belief I just cannot accept. Where is the line between disagreement and intolerance? How do we define these things as a society? I think I need to pick up philosophy books because I can't seem to come up with an answer with my already-established knowledge base.

Some hard thinking for a Sunday evening...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooove you Gennykins!

June 26, 2005 at 11:30 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

"Where is the line between disagreement and intolerance?"

It's so fine it's difficult to see.

I'll join your Cult Gen- can it be "The Cult of Personality"?

*snort*

June 27, 2005 at 6:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home