Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fun With Technology!

Again, a technology-related mystery, but not as infuriating as a non-working computer. I'm trying to hook up my VCR to my TV, but I have digital cable, and the little box gets angry (as in makes the picture fuzzy) when I hook up my VCR. I guess it does not like having its signal go through it. Meh. Good thing I don't care too much about my VCR. LOL

Digital cable is standard nowadays as far as I was told, so that's what I took. I took the most basic package for 33$. Somehow, I have the time-shifting channels (I can watch channels in central time zones and west coast), which I didn't realize until right now was part of the package. It is pretty neat. I get to have so much more choices than with regular cable. With basic standard cable, I used to pay 25$/month, and get only 28 channels. Now, I have 100 channels! I get channels that I love (like the Comedy Network) in other time zones even though I didn't get that package for my time zone. Not going to try to figure that one out, I'll just enjoy it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Gen, I am the Queen of hooking up TV's to cable and so forth, if you need help, call me and maybe I can talk you through something. :)

I'm so happy for you.

July 16, 2006 at 11:14 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

G, I'm on MSN if you are still around...

It is a nice place, which makes up for some of the crap and unhappiness in my life at the moment.

July 16, 2006 at 11:29 p.m.  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

boo for crap and unhappiness! yay for digital cable!

Gen, my tv does the same thing, because I have it split from the wall into cable and cable modem, it doesn't like being split again from the VCR to the TV and DVD player. I ended up having to move my VCR into the bedroom , where I don't have a cable outlet. Kind of irritating but not unliveable.

Congrats on the new place! XOXOX

July 17, 2006 at 9:55 a.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

My computer started freaking out on me that night. Whenever I hit the letter "p" "qwerp" would show up! Then after I kept trying to hit "p" and get it normal, some Microsoft screen shot pasted in! I was like [Neo]"Whoa"[/Neo]. So I ran scans and then shut it down because it's been overheating.

*sniff* SOrry I missed you.

July 18, 2006 at 12:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home