Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My New...

Passion isn't exactly the right term. At this point, it would be more like "something I recently discovered that makes me happy", "my new thing to bring a bit of sunshine in my life", "something light and delightful I can indulge in occasionally". Actually, it is something old made new again. Ah yes, fanfic. Since I know a number of my readers know about my dirty little fanfic-reading secret because they shared it too (LOL), I don't feel too ashamed. Yes, I am a little fangirl trapped inside of a body of a grown woman... who still goes to school... who has a roommate... who owns a lot of mismatched furniture and no car. Anyway, technically, I'm a grown woman. ;)

My undergrad years, particularly in the summer, were prime time X-Files fanfic reading. Since then, I lost a lot of my XF interest so I have read very few (none really in 3 years at least). But I have now started watching The Office, which has plenty of UST (Unresolved Sexual Tension for those uninitiated), which is the ultimate trap for me to read fanfic it seems. LOL Mulder and Scully got me the first time, and now, it's Pam and Jim. I stumbled upon a board where
people made fic recommendations, and oh. I have only read 3 or 4 short stories but I have fallen in love with it a bit again. Of course, I sadly don't have much time to read this stuff but that's all the more motivation to graduate. ;) LOL
By the way, there is a Saturday Night Live TV Funhouse retrospective airing on April 29. Saturday TV Funhouse was often the best part of SNL. The Ambiguously Gay Duo and The Ex-Presidents were always my favourite cartoons on SNL so I'm hoping to see plenty of both. Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert, who were the voices of Ace and Gary, aka The Ambiguously Gay Duo, recorded new material for this special. I can't wait to hear that!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

I also share in your passion. Right before the X-Files finished, I saved on my computer all my fav fan-fiction just in case they disappeared. Reading the stories bring me back to the good old days.

April 12, 2006 at 12:54 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

You are killing me. Hee.

I'm kidding, because you know underneath I am afraid to even look for Gray's Anatomy or House fic because it will be the end of me. LOL

I miss you honey! *tight squeezies*

April 12, 2006 at 3:00 p.m.  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

do you guys know I have never, ever read a fanfic of any kind, ever?

April 13, 2006 at 1:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home