Thursday, April 13, 2006

It Was A Good Day!

To say it was unexpected would be an understatement. I had a presentation today, and barely slept last night because I stayed up late to finish up, and then, I was worried and couldn't sleep. I had been feeling stressed for a while about it. I was feeling on edge all morning, travelled all the way to Scarborough, reaped a very heavy pile of marking, and it ended up being cancelled since it was undergrad thesis day as well as Passover so very few people showed up. (it's been postponed in two weeks.) Nevertheless, I got to have a great discussion with a bunch of faculty members, which was a great thing and a good turning point for my day. It just boosted my spirits about my life.

Then, I got home, hot and exhausted from carrying my piles of marking. But I changed into more summery clothes. I did some cleaning, got a bunch of errands done, got my haircut (looking fabulous, if I may say so!), and I finally got a 4 GB nano iPod!!! I had gotten a gift certificate from Future Shop with rewards from my credit card a while back, and I had time today to go cash it in. I love playing with my iPod. We shall be friends forever! LOL

I took a long walk from the Future Shop to the hairdresser. I had such a feeling of peace and joy. The weather was gorgeous, with a light warm breeze. I even got to wear my little ballerina-like flats without socks today! I hadn't felt this happy in a while. Walking is good for the soul. Anyway, I wanted to put positive feelings into this blog. I need not forget them.

I'm currently eating a caramel-flavoured rice cake. Mmmmm. Hee.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

welcome back to blogland! I've missed you!

April 14, 2006 at 1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

Doesn't the sun make everything better?

*big huggles*

April 14, 2006 at 3:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home