Saturday, June 17, 2006

You Knew This Day Would Come...

So I'm in my room, working on my PC this afternoon. Roommie comes and leans in the doorway.
Roommie: What are your plans for September?
Me: Huuuuhhh, what do you mean?
Roommie: Well, were you planning on moving?
Me: Hmmm, not really. I haven't really thought about it. This has not really been a top priority for me.
Roommie: Well, I don't think I can take anymore of the cat. She woke me up against last night. (FYI, I was up until 6:30 am working, and the cat spent the night with me so yeah, not so much! She doesn't need to resort to lying to make her point.) I know it is a bad time for you with the thesis and teaching.
Me: Yeah.
Roommie: You don't have to move right now.
Me: Yeah. I had planned to move next summer, but I'll see. (Because I really want to live where I am a public nuisance.)
Roommie: Plus, I'd like to have a study.
Me: Okay.

Last thing I heard was that she was looking to buy a condo, and I was going to have the place for myself after she left. So yeah, this is something new! I guess I'll move. I'm broke right now but I think I'll take out a loan, and get myself my own place for peace and quiet, preferably in this building or close by.

The neighbour below keeps playing the same f&$?ing cords on his guitar over and over again, and my computer adapter keeps screwing up. I swear I'm about to have a mental breakdown.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

you HAVE to get out. seriously. even if you can't afford it right now... the peace of mind will be worth it. your roommate is not for us. we want more for you and portia.

June 18, 2006 at 2:05 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with jamie. I know we spoke about it but I want it in writing that I support you in (almost) any thing you have to do to get the money to leave!
ps: please ignore the time my comment is posted... I should really be working!

June 19, 2006 at 9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

oh my. Seriously crazy! She is worst than Chandler's carazy roomate!

June 19, 2006 at 12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support!

I left a message to see this junior 1 bedroom available in my building (or the one next door, I'm not sure). It is on the pricy side, but I don't really want to go for a bachelor.

June 19, 2006 at 4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home