Friday, July 28, 2006

The Beauty of the Internet Is...

that you can find info on anything out there. So I was called last week to ask if I'd be willing to watch a pilot for a new sitcom. Since you all know my devotion to TV sitcoms, you must know how excited that made me. I might get to see something new that was good and offbeat, and I would be able to tell them so. Or I might prevent somebody from putting another awful, awful sitcom on the air. I got the package today, and looked at the material. There was a self-erasing tape for a sitcom called Dads, but the response material was all about commercials. Huh. It felt fishy so I went looking online. This pilot is 9 years old (i.e., this is never meant to be picked up, probably sucks, & is just a cover story for a study. I kind of know about those! LOL). From comments of other people online, it is indeed only a marketing study. I never watch commercials so I'm not about to start! I always mute the TV when they come on. This is too bad, because it could have been fun. Meh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's too bad that it turned out to be fishy. I was called to watch the pilot for Brothers & Sisters a couple of months ago. They didn't send a tape but instead I was able to watch it via my cable system.

July 30, 2006 at 8:11 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

That's what I had hoped for. Oh well. I watched that pilot after all, and the best part is that you could see there might be a future pairing between Jane Sibbett's character (who used to play Carol on Friends), and Steven Eckholdt(who played Mark on Friends). That was the thing that entertained me most about the pilot. Not good. LOL

July 30, 2006 at 8:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home