Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday Night Is Alright For Working and Relaxing

A big hi to my girls Shri and Kir who found their way over here recently. Nice to have you here in my little corner of the Internet! :)

Life has been crazy busy recently, but I finally decided to go to the movies this week since it is one of my favourite things to do, and I hadn't been in at least 2-3 months. On Monday night, I went with my friend Jeremey to see Strangers with Candy, which was so wrong and yet so funny. It had been a while since I had seen a movie that made me laugh so much. I don't think I could love Stephen Colbert any more, and I lurve Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello. They also recruited Matthew Broderick as an evil science teacher, Alison Janney and Philip Seymour Hoffman as science fair judges, and Sarah Jessica Parker as a wacky grief counsellor. Loved the movie.

Then, last night, I saw that there was going to be a free screening of Little Miss Sunshine tonight at theatre near my house so I decided to go. I saw the reviews for it from the Sundance Festival back in the winter, and I've been waiting ever since to see it. It was a dark comedy, just the way I like them. The ending was so funny! Basically, it is about a family who drives in a RV from Alburquerque to California to attend a child pageant because their daughter really wants to compete. Greg Kinnear plays a failed motivational speaker and his supportive wife is played by Toni Collette. I love those two. There is also Steve Carell plays the gay university professor uncle who has just attempted suicide and is under their watch. This is a pretty dramatic role, but he kicks butt as always. There is also Olive, the unusual pageant daughter, their teenage son who has made a vow of silence, and the wacked out grandfather. Seriously, it is all kinds of awesome. Very touching and very funny. Plus, any movie that has Steve Carell dancing is alright with me! (It wasn't boss of dancing awesome, but still good.)

Tonight I also treated myself to a bubblebath complete with pear/linden bubblebath, scented candle, and a drink. It was a beautiful thing. I'm so relaxed now. Yet, I have to get back to work. Such is the irony of life. *hugs to all my readers out there*

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I was just thinking of you because Bravo made a list of the top 100 funniest movies. Some of them are quite sophomoric and surprised me, but I was glad to see Caddyshack and Animal House at the top. I also need to see the Airplane movies again.

Thanks for the reviews chickie!

July 27, 2006 at 3:49 p.m.  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

hey Gen! I watched the trailer for Little Miss Sunshine and I can't WAIT to see it. Thanks for the rec on Strangers with Candy, too; I love those Sedaris'!

July 28, 2006 at 1:50 a.m.  
Blogger KirFect said...

A Big Hiyas back to ya!
This week was very busy and so is this weekend. Thanks for posting a linkage to my LJ.

Kir

July 29, 2006 at 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home