Saturday, September 09, 2006

Personality Test, Baby!

Costa and McCrae developed a way of conceptualizing personality as breaking down into 5 main dimensions: Neuroticism, Extraversion, Openness to Experience, Agreeableness, and Conscientiousness. This is also known as the NEO-AC model (AC are at the end because they were added afterwards). The acronym we use in Intro to Psych though is OCEAN. Easy enough to remember all the dimensions that way. Anyway, so someone devised a little personality test based on that. Kiddo is to blame for linking me to it. ;) Now, this is not a standardized questionnaire like I like them ;), but it is fun nonetheless. Here are my results:


My Personality


Neuroticism
71
Extraversion
20
Openness To Experience
43
Agreeableness
88
Conscientiousness
66

Test Yourself Compare Yourself View Full Report

You are introverted, reserved, and quiet with a preference for solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends. You can be very easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be extremely sensitive and emotional. A desire for tradition does not prevent you from trying new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual. You have a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative. You are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

I think that describes me quite well. Although I'd like to think I'm not extremely emotional, but whatever. ;) I'm still impressed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home