Friday, October 20, 2006

Music Blog!

I got Sarah McLachlan's new CD yesterday, which is a Christmas CD, but has a lot of winter-themed songs on it. River, one of my favourite songs, is covered, and she does a kickass job. I also adored her cover of Happy Christmas (The War Is Over). She also included Gordon Lightfoot's Song For A Winter's Night, which she already had covered on Rarities, B-Sides, and Other Stuff, but which is so beautiful. By the way, I fully realize that by listening to this CD, I am listening to Christmas music in October. I just can't help myself! Christmas music is one of my favourite guilty pleasures.

I also got k.d. lang's
Hymns of the 49th Parallel, which is a collection of covers of great Canadian songs. I have wanted it for a long, long time, and it happened to be on sale so I jumped at the chance. It is absolutely gorgeous so I was pleased with my purchase. Both CDs kick ass so it was a good music buying session!

This is definitely a music-themed entry because the other thing I wanted to mention is that Jim on The Office last night was singing
"Lovefool" by The Cardigans to drive another character crazy. Do you remember that song? I have a distinct memory of listening to that song while driving in my mom's car on the highway on my way to school. It happens to be one of those songs that is a terrible ear worm. Once you start singing it, good luck getting rid of it. I have been singing it all day so I am now sharing my misery with you all. ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home