Saturday, April 14, 2007

Wig Gate and Party Music

Why do I enjoy the Internet? I'll tell you why. Because people can spend weeks discussing whether an actor is wearing a wig or not on a show, and they even provide evidence that his hair is much shorter in RL than on the show. Ha! I must say, regardless of whether it is a wig or not, John Krasinski's hair on The Office has been bugging me in the last few episodes because it does not look good. He was playing a 1920s football player at the same time he was filming The Office so they messed with the hair somehow. He needs to go back to his good hair days of Season 2 (how adorable!), although he was also looking good when he filmed License to Wed, which is coming out this summer. Which by the way, you know I will probably see, let's face it, because I have a hard time restraining myself in front of romantic comedies, especially when the only alternatives on July 4th weekend will be Bruce Willis being all macho again and 80s action figures.

On a totally unrelated topic, as I was running errands today, I was listening to music and felt like dancing. LOL Since dancing in public for no reason is not appropriate (ha!), I made a playlist in my head of 50 songs I'd like to dance to. I figure I can use that list if/when I have a party. If it is on my blog, it will be easier to find. By the way, I am fully aware I have music tastes that are pretty eclectic and sometimes veer towards cheesiness, but as Lucille Bluth says, I won’t hear it and I won’t respond to it.

So here is the list in no particular order: (I would have many more to add, but 50 is a good start!)
  1. Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
  2. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)- ABBA
  3. Like A Prayer- Madonna
  4. Island in The Sun- Weezer
  5. Love Shack- B-52s
  6. Go- Indigo Girls
  7. Brian Wilson- The Barenaked Ladies
  8. Candyman- Christina Aguilera
  9. Dress You Up- Madonna
  10. Pour Some Sugar On Me- Def Leppard
  11. Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield
  12. Thriller- Michael Jackson
  13. You Drive Me Crazy- Britney Spears
  14. Lady Marmelade- Christina Aguilera, Pink, Mya, and Lil Kim
  15. Middle Of Nowhere- Hot Hot Heat
  16. We're Not Gonna Take It- Me First and The Gimme Gimme
  17. Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
  18. They - Jem
  19. Holiday- Green Day
  20. Higher Ground- Red Hot Chili Peppers
  21. Inside and Out- Feist
  22. I Will Survive- Cake
  23. Here It Goes Again- Ok Go
  24. Kick Your Game- TLC
  25. Astounded- Bran Van 3000
  26. Canned Heat- Jamiroquai
  27. Extraordinary- Liz Phair
  28. Breathe- Michelle Branch
  29. I'm Just a Gigolo- David Lee Roth
  30. Born To Be My Baby- Bon Jovi
  31. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting- Elton John
  32. Groove is in The Heart- Dee Lite
  33. American Girls- Counting Crows
  34. Rhythm Nation- Janet Jackson
  35. Walking On Sunshine- Katrina and The Waves
  36. It's Raining Men- Geri Halliwell
  37. Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours- Stevie Wonder
  38. For Once in My Life- Stevie Wonder
  39. Where The Streets Have No Name- U2
  40. Where's The Love- Hanson
  41. Home for a Rest- Spirit of The West (The quintessential Canadian party song!)
  42. If I Could Turn Back Time- Cher
  43. I Want You Back- Jackson 5
  44. New York, New York- Frank Sinatra
  45. Rich Girl- Gwen Stefani
  46. Crazy in Love- Beyonce
  47. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun- Cyndi Lauper
  48. Toxic- Britney Spears
  49. You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
  50. Stop!- Spice Girls

Oh, and a slow song? Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight", TLC's "Red Light Special" or "To Make You Feel My Love" covered by Billy Joel.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Great party playlist Gen! I must go get Rhythm Nation now, that is such a great album and I haven't heard it in so long.
But sweetie, please please get yourself the original It's Raining Men by the Pointer Sisters. :p

April 15, 2007 at 1:44 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

G., I do have the original "It's Raining Men" in MP3, but I think I like Geri Halliwell's cover even better. I know, sacreligious.

April 15, 2007 at 4:33 p.m.  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Hey, I was just telling Dave yesterday how much I love Aguilera's Candyman. And *yay* for your Stevie Wonder picks.

Re: Jim's hair - pretty funny - I've missed that whole debate. His hair has looked bad - like they're trying too hard to make it like it was. I don't see why Jim couldn't just get a haircut - all part of moving on, right?

April 16, 2007 at 12:10 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Oh, I know they are trying too hard to make it look like he has longer/flippier hair than he does. It's either a wig or the way they've been styling it, but either way, it just ends up looking silly. They would be much better off leaving it as is. And honestly, I'm not usually one to notice hair styles so it has to be pretty obvious! I do hope they mock his hair on the S3 DVD commentaries like they did on the NewsRadio commentaries when Dave Foley and Maura Tierney were wearing wigs.

"Candyman" is one of those songs that is crack in music form. Hee. I will have to listen to it until I get it out of my system.

April 16, 2007 at 6:21 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the playlist! I remember the music video for OK Go's Here it Goes Again. That made me want to try their treadmill thing!

Anyway, about the discussions on whether celebrities wear wigs or not, those discussions are pretty active. They really want to go deep into the issue, and even to the point that they can name the brand of wig that the celebs are wearing. May it be Harlem 125 wigs, Aspen wigs, Sepia wigs, Vivica A. Fox wigs, Jon Renau wigs, or whatever. That's how people on the Internet do things these days.

January 10, 2011 at 4:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home