Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bon Jovi Night on American Idol

Okay, so mock me all you want, but I've been occasionally watching American Idol this season after a few seasons of never ever watching it. I'm usually watching while working so I'm not allocating it my full attention and would have a hard time really providing a detailed rundown of what happens on most nights, but nevertheless, it is somewhat entertaining. Anyway, Bon Jovi music last night. Awesome. Gina, did you watch? I thought of you, since I know how you like his music. I really do too, and it was just nice to have Jon Bon Jovi there. Melinda kicked ass as always with her performance of "Have a Nice Day", one of the more recent and not as awesome Bon Jovi songs. The judges called her a young Tina Turner, and I couldn't agree more. LaKisha was quite good for the first time in many weeks with her performance of "This Ain't A Love Song". Judges really liked Blake's "original" performance of "You Give Love a Bad Name", but I thought it should have been called "ridiculous". I don't really care for Blake. He seems very creative, however, so I probably would appreciate him more with original songs as opposed to his trying to rework songs too much to "make his own, dog". I missed Jordin's and Chris's performances, and Phil? Eh. Although he was better than usual.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

LOL, you know when Simon said, "They are either going to love it or hate it," he was dead on. I loved it, David hated it, you hated it, Hee. I was in awe of Melinda and Kiki, they both had their game face on, I mean when Melinda did that whole, "head-snap-back-FU look," totally channeling Tina.

Good show, yeah. *loves Gen for watching* :)

I've been net AWOL, I'm catching up. Must make a post of my own too.

May 3, 2007 at 8:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home