Sunday, May 06, 2007

Movie, Why Do You Make Cry?

I've seen 13 Going on 30 3 times, and every single time, the montage of Jenna going back home to her parents' home when her life is going all wrong makes me cry. It's such a fluffy movie, but that sequence manages to get to me. It's set to Vienna by Billy Joel, which is a song too beautiful for words. Plus, I think the 13-year-old in me can only empathize too much with the teenage self of the character feeling lost as a 30-year-old. It's the magic of movies.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Evalina said...

At least you have the courage to admit it! I applaud your bravery, my friend! We all have emotional moments in front of totally cheezy stuff.

May 7, 2007 at 9:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it because it was New Year's Eve and it started to snow at exactly midnight? ;)

I liked 13 going on 30, in that sustance free AW! way. Plus, Mark Ruffalo is dreamy. And Sydney Bristow doing slapstick! Hee!

-Paper Jam

May 8, 2007 at 11:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home