Sunday, December 18, 2005

MYOB

I'm having a pretty good Sunday. I got to sleep, watch TV, bake cookies, cook a nice dinner, and do laundry. Pretty relaxing overall.
However, my roommate was supposed to leave for her parents today, and she didn't. Instead, she stayed to nitpick my life, apparently. Our relationship has been okay, mostly pleasant in the last few months. Today, however, she just wouldn't mind her own business. She was complaining about the laundry detergent I use, I kid you not. She wish I would switch to her brand because she thinks it smells better, and the smell of my laundry detergent makes the apartment smell bad (for the record, my brand is unscented so whatever.). I didn't know how to respond to this except to say I'm not about to switch because I love my detergent, and having tried the one she uses, I don't like it. Seriously, live and let live.
She then complained because I had decided to watch my Friends DVDs. I was watching them silently on the couch with the headphones as to not disturb her while she was marking papers in the livingroom. "You're watching Friends again? You hadn't watched them in a few months so I thought THAT was finally over." Arghhhhh! Why do you care? How does it impact your life? Leave me alone. My reply was: "Well, you know, I'm a bit retarded that way. I like rewatching the same shows. That's why I bought the DVDs."
Then, she was complaining about the cat's shedding. I know she sheds but what can I do besides brushing her? We vacuum, it disappears. I can't glue the fur back to her!
Seriously, if that's all she has to say, she should go annoy her family instead. I have a laundry list (Bwah!) of things she does that I would gladly change about her and I keep it to myself because she has the right to live her life the way she wants. Next time, I may have to tell her that she needs to start listening to U2 as opposed to boring classical music all day long, that she needs to stop with the boring and pretentious foreign dramatic movies and needs to start enjoying comedies, and that she needs to learn to clean her crumbs from the table after she makes a sandwich. The world would be much better if it was a Brain Diva nation. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

GEEZ Louise she is such a BITCH. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

God. I would kill her. And by the way, NOT use headphones. Whatever.

December 19, 2005 at 10:18 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Thanks J.

She has days when she rants about everything; those are the days whenre I should hide. Plus, she appears to think that she comes across as charmingly sarcastic or something (not that she did in the case of the above post. She was just ranting then.) Because you say something as a sort of a dry joke doesn't make it much less bitchy.

December 20, 2005 at 5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home