Friday, December 09, 2005

Yay! Snow & Birfday Presents!

I woke up to Toronto wrapped in a big blanket of snow this morning. It was just so pretty that I didn't mind it would take forever to get to the university. Walking in the snow while listening to Xmas music made it all worth it. :) Mind you, the commute ended up being 1 hour 45 (oy!) but such is life.

My birfday (as one old poster at
Haven used to say) is upon us so I got some presents already! :) I got home really late on Wednesday night, and had a package on my bed. My friend Donna got me the t-shirt I had been blogging about for my birthday. How awesome is that? I'll wear it tomorrow. :) I got the Pride & Prejudice DVDs from my parents.

As an aside, I went to see the new
P&P movie this week, and meh. The only way I could describe to the friend who was with me was that this movie was Pride & Prejudice on speed. The dialogue was being delivered super fast, and then you had long shots of nature or of Elizabeth. They could have cut down, and have the dialogue be a little slower. This is not an episode of the Gilmore Girls. Anyway, I sound like I might have hated it. I didn't but it beared little resemblance to the book I like. They should have changed the title and the names of the characters, and I probably wouldn't have minded it so much. Most of the actors were good although I didn't particularly like Keira Knightley. She was too giggly, which doesn't jive with my conception of Eliza Bennett. I wished I had liked it more because that would make more P&P to like. Oh well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy early birfday!

OMG chica, I LOVED the movie. I ABSOLUTELY ADORED IT! Its too bad you don't share my opinion. = ( And I agree about Keira. Not a fan, but I didn't even pay attention to her when all I could see was the beautiful Matthew Macfadyen. If only God would be so nice to throw me someone like that my way. Sigh.

Yes, the movie was super fast, but if you have read the book and watched the series, its a good alternative when you are in need of a romantic fix. =D

December 9, 2005 at 4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

I am so glad I didn't buy you that shirt, I thought about it. Well your birfday (Haven good times, yo. We should go play there for your party.) excitement will perpetuate because while I have at least sealed your package I have yet to address it, because I lost your address, can you shoot it to me again? LOL

December 9, 2005 at 4:40 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Should I post my address here for all stalkers to see? LOL I just sent you an email. ;) Hee.

December 9, 2005 at 5:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home