Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fans of Toronto's Transit System

Who knew there were aficionados of the TTC? I will confess though that I'd really like some of those subway station art pins they sell. My God, I'm such a geek.
What else to say today? The weather is nice. I went grocery shopping so my fridge is full of yummy food.
Roommate anecdote of the day... I come home from the grocery store, with my hands full of bags. This is the moment my roommate decides the cat should go walk outside. See, I bought a little harness and leash so we can take Portia to run outside. The cat is a little gunshy so far but I think she will learn to enjoy it. Anyway, so then, the roommate tries to put the harness on the cat except that she can't do it because you have to hold Portia in a specific way to do it. I'm busy with my packages but I say that I'll do it since it will take me under 10 seconds to put the harness, and then, she will be out of my hair while I unpack. So I kneel down on the floor and put the harness on, and roommate tries to hold the cat. This is the moment when roommate decides to point out my feet smell! Oh brother.
1) Yes, I know my feet smell. I may not have the crazy smell detection she has but I can smell my own rotting feet. ;) LOL Summer is prime time stinky feet central. Fortunately, these are not my teenage years. My feet used to smell 10 times more back then. Nevertheless, telling me my feet smell is like telling me my hair is brown: it is an evidence that does not need to be pointed out to me.
2) We can't wear shoes in the house so I usually wash my feet when I come in. Clearly, I hadn't had the time. Seriously, she needs to grow a filter. Pointing stuff like that out to me is just awkward. Man.
Okay, I can't believe I have been driven to write about feet odor. What have I come to?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

I really really loathe your roommate.

Also, last year I read the most interesting book about the NYC Transit System- it was the 100th anniversary. Can you imagine riding on those subways 100 years ago? No AC? Soot? Ick?!

I guess I'm a geek too. I actually collect subway maps, if you'd like to get me one from TO. I have Montreal's. :)

May 3, 2006 at 6:57 p.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

OMG chica, my sissy has the same harness for Greenlee! Greenlee used to hate it until she understood that harness = outside. LOL. You should see her, she runs around Val's feet and stands by the door like a dog. We think she was a dog in another life. She fetches stuff for us, likes to run with her leash, and sleeps by our shoes. LOL.

May 4, 2006 at 12:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home