Thursday, May 18, 2006

Infomercials!

I don't know if I have ever said so, but as a teenager, I used to have a love affair with infomercials. I never bought anything from infomercials but I loved to watch them on Sunday mornings. There was nothing quite like it for my snarkiness. Ron Popeil was the king. He had the Rotisserie, the Food Dehydrator, the Pasta Maker,... It has been years since I've watched informercials on purpose, although I have stumbled on the occasional infomercial for Magic Bullet or Sonic Blade (Note that it uses "Non-Compression Sonic Separation Technology." Big deal, it is an electric knife like my grandma had when I was a kid!) while channel surfing.

Last night, I stumbled upon the worst informercial I had seen in years. I was working on my course website, and had the TV on just as background noise. Then,
this came up. I had to watch for I was mesmorized. "The GeMagic allows you to add sparkle to almost anything." They put cheap gems and studs on every possible thing you can imagine. It looked like Rainbow Brite threw up! It gave me a good laugh though, which is what counts.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

That is just a cheap ripoff of the Bedazzler. Shame on them!

Hee. I miss you Gennykins.

May 18, 2006 at 8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home