Monday, May 08, 2006

I Am Speechless. I Am Without Speech.

I must say I just find this sad: Send a Brick. "We are tired of open borders, uncontrolled immigration, terrorist infiltration, the spread of pandemic diseases, criminal alien gangs and all the other horrors that can arise due to our defenseless borders and unenforced immigration laws."
As a Canadian living in a very multicultural city, I find this kind of attitude very dismaying. Building a big wall is not the answer to feeling threatened by immigration. There has to be more reasonable alternatives.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

It does get into scary territory sometimes. My biggest problem with this whole thing is the hypocritical government. Undocumented immigrants can buy a house, buy a car (yes, it does happen), buy big plasma tv's, take trips around the country, but cannot obtain a license, get car insurance or set up bank accounts. Yes, spend, spend, spend! But don't you dare try live a normal life. .

May 8, 2006 at 4:58 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Bee, I was thinking of you and your family when I read about all this. From what I have read, there are reasonable proposals to deal with illegal immigration so I hope those triumph.

May 8, 2006 at 5:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home