Saturday, May 06, 2006

Friday Night is Alright for Cleaning!

Nice little wordplay, ain't it. ;) Well, I did clean because 1) it was needed, and 2) my roommate had to write hi in the dust on the TV. Yes, my roommate scrubbed the kitchen counter, the kitchen table, some spots in the living room,... She was playing around with the bottle of Windex all around the kitchen and living room. But did she spray the TV screen? Of course not. She wrote with her finger on it. Like a five-year-old, I swear! Anyway, I vacuumed all over, mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, and then scrubbed the bathroom so it is all clean now.
Last night, I also had to explain to her hypochondriac self that no, we were not likely to get the avian flu, and that yes, plans were needed even if that was probably not going to happen so that it doesn't end up being a pure improvisation like it was with the SARS situation. Yes, they are developing a vaccine, but no, the need for it is not dire at this moment since the virus will still need to mutate to be particularly virulant and contagious in humans. [As a note, I learned this week from a scientific magazine that flus that are avian in origin, known as Type A influenzas, are the ones most susceptible to pandemics or epidemics because of their ability to mutate quickly.]. Anyway, I don't quite get the germ paranoia. Sure, you need to be careful but once you take universal health precautions (of which you are particularly aware of when working in a hospital) like frequent hand washing, you have done what you can.
Tonight, I went walking with my friend David. We had a nice time in the cool May weather. Guess what he got me? A pin from my subway station. This is totally the kind of things that get me excited. I'm so glad it takes so little to make me happy. LOL

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home