Sunday, July 30, 2006

Because I'm Not All About Hate...

I can usually see the silver lining in the day. Speaking of which, aren't you happy to have a blog now roommate-rant free? So, so lovely. The kitty and I adore our new digs. I love that my work desk has a big window right next to it, and I can look at the busy street and people walking by while thinking. I adore that, even if it means I hear the city buses stop in front of the building every 5 minutes. I adore that my bedroom is for sleeping, and my living area is for work. I adore that I can organize things as I wish. I adore that the cat can run, and no one screams bloody murder. I adore that I can listen to music or have the TV in the background while working. I adore that I can hang my laundry to dry on the shower pole without anyone complaining. I adore that I can leave dishes in the sink over night without it becoming World War 3. I adore that my food has all the space it needs in the fridge. I adore that no one is moving my stuff around. My place is organized and clean, and doesn't have 4 gazillion carpets that need cleaning every day.

Talking of the ex-roommate, she has been trying to be very nice. She came by twice last week to see the cat, and came to give me a plant as a move-in gift. Very sweet. Clearly, we're better neighbours than roommies.

Oh, I'm listening to TLC's CrazySexyCool, which I hadn't listened to in a while. That is still one of my favourite albums. Perfect title by the way. Those songs make me feel a bit of all three.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

YAY! Isn't living alone the BEST?? I'm SO happy to hear that you are happy.

July 31, 2006 at 1:20 a.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

I'm super excited for you chica.

Here is to more posts on apartment decorating! =D

July 31, 2006 at 2:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freedom, at long last!

You deserve this special space and I hope it will bring you more and more joy in the coming months.
Hugs!

July 31, 2006 at 6:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home