Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm Having One of Those Days...

This has just been an all-around crappy day. I got up in a fairly good mood, but everything since then has contributed in making me grumpy as all hell. I came in to work around 7:15 to get a jump on all the writing I have to do. I start reading the comments my supervisor had left on a document. That left me highly irritated since basically what she wrote was the exact opposite of what she told me to do last week. After that, I start looking for testing material for the patient I was to see today, and not only one but TWO tests that belong to my service have gone missing. I have sent out a very nice email appeal for the borrower to return the material. We nicely loan our material to others, but I am seriously going to start locking up my stuff if this keeps happening. I need these things to do my job!

Then, I was working with a patient who kept crying during testing. She was so tense, it was unbelievable. Basically, I felt like I was kicking a puppy for about 3 hours, which is not a good feeling. Plus, people in the hallways around my testing room were being loud and were an additional irritant.

Now, it is 2:30, and I'm finally having lunch. My officemate is doing his weekly calls to his patients so he is speaking really loud on the phone because so many patients are hard-of-hearing.

Do you think a head can literally explode?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hello jamie: said...

*pours Gen a glass of red wine*

*hands over wordlessly*

November 21, 2006 at 8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Thanks, Ms. J. :) I think I will have a beer when I get home tonight@ :)

November 22, 2006 at 10:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home