Monday, November 13, 2006

I've Joined The New Blogger

We can now lock posts and such... Interesting. I'll have to look around more. I just hope it works right.

So I haven't been around in a while. Life has been pretty crazy recently, and I've been too tired to blog. How lame of me. I've been seeing some really interesting patients, and I am just learning a whole lot. I am very happy even though I am working all the time. Overall, life is good, and I feel I am where I am supposed to be.

I met some patients I know I'll never forget. I work in a Jewish hospital, and from time to time, we get Holocaust survivors. (Of course, they are not as numerous as they used to be.) I had a patient a little while ago, who told me all about his life in concentration camps. I know I'll never forget that. I actually got home that night and cried, because there is just something about the pain in his eyes that is indescribable. He was the nicest man, who has survived the worst things possible, and I was so sad to see he couldn't get peace of mind in the twilight of his life. A lot of survivors start to reexperience memories from the war more acutely in their later years when people around them start dying again and they start experiencing loss.

Anyway, those are the big things, but life is mostly a lot of minutae. I bought Christmas decorations over the weekend, and have started hanging it up. There is nothing that makes me quite as happy as Christmas decorations. I bought some blue cascading lights that I've put in my living room window. So pretty. I've also started decorating my tree, but it is a work in progress that I'm not quite satisfied with yet.

Last thing... Today was municipal election day in Toronto so I got to go vote. How exciting! Mind you, it is important because the city keeps doing things such as pulling apart one of the main roads to improve the transit system (good, if a hassle for now), but is going to redestroy it in 2 years to put electric cables underground instead of doing it all at the same time (stupid!). So yeah, it is important to vote.

I promise to try to update more regularly! Kisses and hugs to all! :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Welcome to beta! : ) Miss ya. *hugs*

November 15, 2006 at 12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

I have been wondering what the whole "Beta" thing was. I guess I'll check it out.

After nanowrimo of course. :)

Welcome back Gen!

Why did it have me logged in as "fatoots"?

November 16, 2006 at 8:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home