Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh Yeah, In Case You Want to Call...

My phone is dead. :( I changed the batteries in the phone, and all the proper panels light up. I tried a different extension cord, nothing. I tried both outlets in my apartment, nothing. I have paid for line maintenance insurance so at least, that's something. Still, ugh. Then, I went on the phone company website, and all I could easily see to get in touch with them was a phone number. How ironic.

I've always had a love/hate (okay, mostly hate) relationship with the phone company. I remember having to get a phone line when I first moved to Toronto. I went with Bell, the biggest phone company in Canada. What a production, it was. First, they wouldn't sign you up unless you had a phone number to give them where they could reach you. I kind of laughed at the clerk. "If I had a phone number, trust me, I wouldn't call you." Then, I couldn't believe how long it took to sign me up for a freaking phone line. You would have thought I was asking to borrow 20,000$. I had to answer at least 15 minutes worth of questions, and they then do an extensive background check before you can get a phone line. Seriously, if I don't pay my bills, just pull the plug. You know where I live.

Then, when I moved to my current building, my former roommate (yes, the one you haven't heard me complain about for almost a full year! LOL) had the place wired for two lines because she spent so much time on the phone. So I called Bell to sign up for a number for my line. They didn't believe me that the apartment was wired for two phones (WTF! The second line was used for a couple of years!). So not only was I going to have to pay 60$ to activate my new line, but I will have to pay like 90$ to have a technician come into my home to rewire my perfectly good line. I said to the clerk, "This makes no sense. Can you go talk to your manager about this?" Manager had on the same position, so I went to another company not trying to rip me off. They activated the line within a week without sending anyone to drill any holes or rewire anything that didn't need rewiring.

So there is no lost love between me and the phone company. I still miss my phone though. Let's hope it gets resurrected soon.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Evalina said...

OMG, I'm so glad you wrote this. I've been trying to call you and I was starting to get worried something had happened to you.
No fun about your phone. Your luck really sucks with technology these days, eh... weeks, months. I'd buy you a dring to drown your sorrows if I was in the same city.

May 9, 2007 at 10:20 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I just discovered it wasn't working tonight as I was wanting to give you a call! It was working on Sunday and Monday (I think), but I don't think I tried to call yesterday so I don't know how long it has been going on.

May 10, 2007 at 12:36 a.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

No wonder I can't get a hold of you! I have been trying for MONTHS! ; )

May 14, 2007 at 12:34 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Hee, Bee! :) How are you doing, honey?

May 14, 2007 at 8:11 p.m.  
Blogger Bee said...

I'm good chica. Just working, paying a mortgage payment, working, paying a mortgage payment, and maybe sleeping a bit in the middle of all that. ; )

May 16, 2007 at 4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home