Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cat Harbinger of Death

I stumbled upon this article, A Day in the Life of Oscar The Cat, about a cat living in a nursing home. He can apparently predict which patient is going to die next. I must say, this has me very intrigued. I'm not one for superstition at all so I am just wondering what the cat perceives that lets him know the patient will die soon. So strange.

This article is The New England Journal of Medicine so it is not like Conspiracy Theory Magazine or something. LOL

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom just sent me the same link, because we have therapy dogs at our clinic. They can tell, from the other end of the office, without a noise cue, if a patient in a treatment room is distressed. They will go and lay on the other side of the wall, in an almost coma-like state, until the patient is calm again. It's uncanny how well animals can sense these things. If I'm stressed out, the female will appear out of nowhere and get me to rub her belly until I smile, then disappear again.

Paper Jam

July 26, 2007 at 9:49 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

This story is everywhere, and it doesn't surprise me. Our devotion to our pets is only surpassed by them to us. It doesn't surprise me in the least.

July 27, 2007 at 2:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home