Monday, June 04, 2007

(Not So) Clean Fun

A link to a ton of random, but funny, IRC conversations here.

So after I went to the ballet on Saturday night (which was outstanding), I went to see "Knocked Up". Talk about a different plane of entertainment... LOL Anyway, it was funny and I liked, but not nearly as much as I had enjoyed "The 40-Year-Old Virgin". I think Steve Carell really took that movie to another level. Plus, his chemistry with Catherine Keener was wonderful whereas while Seth Rogan and Katherine Heigl were good, they were nothing outstanding. By the way, "Knocked Up" is raunchier than "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" if that is possible...

Before "Knocked Up", there were some previews and Seth Rogan's next movie is called "Superbad" and it stars Michael Cera (aka George Michael from "Arrested Development"!) Looks very funny. So I'll add that to my list of upcoming movies to watch out for. The one movie I want to go see this week or next is "Waitress". I need to go before it closes.

By the way, my blog turned 2 yesterday! How time flies by!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bee said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Blog! And don't miss waitress! A really cute movie that will make you fall in love with (if you haven't already) Nathan Fillion. Yum. And any movie that uses Cake songs is a winner in my book : )

June 4, 2007 at 6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Evalina said...

I knew you couldn't wait to go see it, I'm sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. People at work seemed to say it was totally hilarious. You know me, though, I'll probably wait to see it on DVD with you, 2 years from now!
Hope you're doing okay!

June 5, 2007 at 8:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those IRC transcripts really made my day (my neighbours probably think I'm crazy, because I just laughed for an hour straight), although it definitely speaks to the benefits of natural selection. I miss Darwinism. Sigh.

I want to see Knocked Up, but I'm keeping my expectations low so I won't be let down.

-Paper Jam

June 5, 2007 at 10:51 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Thank you for the blog birthday wishes, Bee! :)

Eve, don't get me wrong...it did make me laugh a lot and I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't go out of the theatre thinking, "That was so funny, I wanna see it again." Yeah, you knew I couldn't help myself, but now that you'll be in TO, I'll drag you along. ;) In exchange, I promise you can drag me to see sci-fi/fantastic movies and I won't say a thing. LOL
By the way, did you hear back about the apartment?

Paper Jam, happy to hear it made you laugh too. I giggled my way through that list.

June 6, 2007 at 12:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home