Thursday, July 21, 2005

High School Days

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for my hometown. Hurrah! I can't wait to see my family and my friends. I have a gathering with my group of high school friends tomorrow night! It's been 10 years since I graduated high school, which seems so long ago, yet so close. It'll be nice to be reunited with almost everyone, something that doesn't happen often these days. The last time we were all together was for my farewell party 5 years ago when I left for Toronto. I do talk to many of them regularly and see them individually or in small groups when I'm home but we're never all together. I think at least 7 people out of our group of 10 shall be there. Many of my friends live in small apartments in the city (we're all suburbia kids) so one guy is hosting us at his parents' house. His parents are away on holidays so we'll have the place to ourselves. That house was the scene of many dramas, especially of the sentimental kind. I'm sure those will be revisited to everyone's embarrassement. LOL Well, I tended to be more a spectator/confidant than the centre of those love triangles. I had dubbed our group the 90210 crowd for the propensity for intra-dating & drama linked to it. There was some Brenda/Kelly/Dylan type of drama. Well, without the added bonus of the bad boy on motorcycle & the blonde bimbo. LOL

Regardless, I had my share of unrequited crushes, which these people know. LOL Basically, they know all my embarrassing growing-up stories. They've witnessed my inability to parallel park, my famous snorting laughter, my predilection for karaoke singing, my mediocrity at team sports, my love of trivia, my propensity to laugh at anything (which meant I was the one to tell a joke to to feel better about yourself! LOL)... They were there the time I tanned like a raccoon (I was red all over except my glasses had created a white stripe across my face! hee!), the time I went on stage & got rave reviews, the time my ex-boyfriend made a scene in front of a ton of people about getting back together,... And I know all their quirks and dumb moves. I love these people more than I could ever express. I really miss not seeing them on a daily basis so I can't wait to see them.

I've got the Keane CD in my player, and it's rocking. Actually, they have the early Coldplay sound in some ways but I like it even more than Coldplay. :)

Oh, and The Taming of The Shrew was a very interesting play. It was fairly easy to follow compared to other Shakespeare plays I've seen. Although, I knew the general story. I think I need to read it to appreciate it more. The actors were very good so it was enjoyable. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Ack!!! I never made you the Keane CD. *shamed* Isn't it wonderful though? I luuurve that record- it's melancholy in a happy sort of way. :)

You have me nostalgic for my hometown gang, which you know is so similar. I was supposed to try to get us all together for a fun time other than a funeral, and I never did. :( Maybe this fall, or next spring...

Have fun in Montreal Babe, and I can't, can't, can't wait to see you next week! Wheeeee!

July 22, 2005 at 12:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home