Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday, 5:30 am: Breaking News

My roommate and I awoke at 4:30 am to the sounds of the cat behaving like a maniac in the living room. We were wondering what was up with her. We knew something had to be wrong. After a few minutes of this, I see she has something between her paws: a mouse! As much as a mouse doesn't thrill me, it scares me less than a roach. Stupid thing is fast even the cat couldn't keep up with it. The mouse went into my roommate's bedroom at one point. We tried to catch it for almost an hour. I looked very sophisticated with my yellow rubber gloves, my running shoes, my nightgown, and a plastic Tupperware running around after the mouse! LOL I got outsmarted (but mostly outspeeded) by a tiny furry thing. At the end of the chase sequence, the cat got the mouse in her mouth(!) but then let it go(!!!). We last saw it going to hide behind one of the bookcases in the living room. We closed our bedroom doors tightly & left the cat on mouse patrol. Good cat! First thing to do tomorrow morning: Buy mousetraps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I love the image of you running around in your nightgown and rubber gloves.

I watched our neighbor's cat Tigger, who's a big hunter take on a mouse in my yard not too long ago. It was really neat actually, watching him stalk, and corner it before pouncing. I'm glad to see that despite her penchant for lounging about she isn't too domesticated.

July 17, 2005 at 7:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats are amazing at keeping the house clean. We also had a mouse not long ago in the laundry room and Greenlee helped us get rid of it. We sleep better at night knowing we have her to protect us from all vermin.

Extra snacks to all cats! =D

July 18, 2005 at 12:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home