Saturday, July 09, 2005

I Like Random Quizzes...

A Tom Cruise animation was linked at the Television Without Pity boards. It's all about joining the Church of Scientology, and is very funny. Anyway, they have a "quiz" to see if you're ready to join Scientology, and I am:



Hee. That made me laugh.

It's a beautiful day in Toronto. The sun is shining brightly, and it is not too hot. :)

I had a nice night out yesterday. Long walk, good company (Hi David, if you're reading :)), tasty coffee, it was very pleasant. We went to the first non-denominational cemetary in the city. Sadly, we got there not long before they were going to close. Who knew cemetaries close? Anyway, we need to go back to find the famous tombstones. I was thinking that I don't find cemetaries creepy at all. I did when I was a kid but somehow, death doesn't scare me as much as it used to. There is something oddly peaceful about it all. Mind you, it wouldn't have been exactly cool to be locked in there at night since that sounds like the beginning of a horror movie but still... LOL I love the history you find in cemetaries too, and I like reading tombstones. One of them said "She was a lot of fun." I think that's a very cool thing to have there for eternity.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

That tongue licking the cross is way creepy. *shudders*

Your post made me smile. What would you want your epitaph dearie? I think mind should say, "She meant well" LOL

July 9, 2005 at 6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Hee, good line. I think mine would be: "She was happy." or "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Ah, I need something deeper. LOL

July 9, 2005 at 8:21 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

How about "My brain rests here but my consciousness flies above you"?

Wow, that is deep.

July 9, 2005 at 8:35 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Very deep, indeed. But it would have to imply that I think that my soul lives after death, which I'm not certain on.

Dude, okay, I'm sitting in the kitchen, eating dinner & reading. My roommate is in the living room, talking on the phone, and she is talking about me. Mind you, she was mumbling so it's not like I could hear everything but at one point, I could still tell it was about me. Geez, at least, attempt to badmouth me in private.

July 9, 2005 at 9:13 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

Dude, she needs lithium. I can send you some.

July 9, 2005 at 9:30 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I'm listening to Achtung Baby, which is as good as always. I was doing searches on Amazon to see new DVD releases, and Pop was on my homepage as being on sale or something. I just realized that a lot of songs I believed to be on Pop such as Lemon and Numb were in fact on Zooropa. U2 kind of lost me in the mid-90s to be honest. I also realized that If God Will Send His Angels, a song I lurve that was on the excellent soundtrack of the movie City of Angels (Great album. Deeply flawed movie, though. ;)), is on Pop. I need to get my U2 songs/albums straight to be able to call myself a fan. LOL

July 9, 2005 at 10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

They lost me too then, but it made it really great to rediscover songs I didn't appreciate back then, like "Elevation" and "End of the World"

I have never seen City of Angels, and I don't ever want to now.

I'm brewing a good sadness right now Angel.

July 10, 2005 at 12:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home