Thursday, July 07, 2005

Today Was A New Day...

The benefits of just getting out everything that bugs you about someone is that then, you feel better. Thus, my roommate seems to be hunky-dory today. I would like to think too that she realized that she was being a little bit absurb, and that she is trying to smooth things over with me. I'm not really upset anymore although I certainly still think she is a control freak who wants to run my life when she is not entitled to at all. I'm willing to accept some of the criticisms that she brought up as valid (namely when it comes to cleaning & to my alarm clock) although I think that part of cohabiting with someone is putting up with some of their not-always-top-notch habits. The rest though was just a total overreaction but I'll give her (fake) happiness if that's what is needed. I can be nice in that "talking about generalities which are not anything I really care about but that should make her think I care". She has said she'll be moving next spring anyway, at which time I shall take the apartment over, and so I'll just buy peace until then. I guess this is the best conclusion to this story as I could hope for.

I had time to work out today, which was nice. I feel good. The weather is nice here too. The humidity has disappeared, and it's actually comfortable. Thank God.

I got 2 CDs at this used CD store yesterday. I got Liz Phair's eponymous album, which rocks. I also got
a CD of Gershwin's songs produced by George Martin, the famous Beatles producer. My choir conducter mentioned it, and I just happened to stumble upon it at the store for less than 10$! It has Peter Gabriel singing Summertime (my choir is singing that this summer), Cher kicking ass on It Ain't Necessarily So (We're singing this too! Cher is so wonderful on this track!), Jon Bon Jovi singing How Long Has This Been Going On, Elton John & Someone To Watch Over Me/Our Love Is Here To Stay, Sting & Nice Work If You Can Get It,... The list of artists goes on: Elvis Costello, Sinead O'Connor, Chris De Burgh, Carly Simon, Kate Bush, Robert Palmer,... It's awesome.

My students' final grades are due tomorrow. They didn't too bad in the end. We have an average of about 67%, including some students who didn't complete all the work. The final was easy but we still only had an average of 69-70%. I actually thought I had made it too easy but I guess not! I loved teaching but I'm glad that stress is coming to a final close.

Okay, back to work for me!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I'm glad you feel better today. I actually feel a bit better today too.

You are a music addict! God help your bank account when you finally get an mp3 player and enter downloading era. LOL

Hey, have you been back to the "Tom Cruise Blog"? What's even funnier than the blog itself is reading what people write in reply, have you read them??? Hee.

I'm working. I wish we could chat. I miss the old days of nonsense chat threads. *pouts*

July 7, 2005 at 7:53 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I had typed a nice long comment & lost it! Anyway, happy to hear you're feeling better. We should try to chat tonight if you have time when you come home. How was the meeting with the supervisor?

You know, I'm pretty good about managing my purchases in general. I never get more than 2 CDs in a month even if I covet more. The fact that I can't afford a MP3 player though probably solves the temptation issue when it comes to MP3s.

I haven't read the Tom Cruise blog again. I need to go back. I have found another great site though: Tom Cruise Is Nuts . It's full of pearls of wisdom from this enlightened movie star. ;)

July 7, 2005 at 8:41 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

f Cruise and Katie Holmes wed, each of his wives will have been eleven years younger than the last. (Mimi Rogers, b. 1956; Nicole Kidman, b. 1967; Katie Holmes, b. 1978)

Oh. My. That *is* a freaky fact. *shudders*

I wished I had checked back here sooner. I was too busy updating my blog. How do you put the links in your comments so cool like that?

I'll see if I can get on tonight. I fear staying up and drinking will lead to the inevitable despair. I have already felt a pang of melancholia over having lost my muse and master of encouragement for my writing.

July 7, 2005 at 9:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh, burn that Gershwin for me, too, please!!!

July 8, 2005 at 12:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home