Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back in Toronto

I'm now back in the city of the CN Tower. I'm always sad to leave home but such is life. I had a relaxing time. Today, I'm just trying to get my apartment back in shape (it's been chaotic in my bedroom for too many weeks now), run errands, and get some work done. Tomorrow morning, the kitty has a vet appointment so I need to get up early for that.

My roommate left this morning for a cottage up north so it'll be peaceful in here for a few days. Hallelujah! I can be up to no good. ;)

Sadly, I was back just in time for
a big thing to fall out of the sky. Actually, thank God, it turned out not to be the catastrophe it could have been. It really is a miracle everyone survived!

In lighter news, I had to admire Jennifer Aniston's zen musings in face of the Brad-Angeline tornado:
Aniston "Shocked" About Pitt and Jolie. The best line of the press release is: "That said, she manages to get in a final zinger about Pitt's new bleach-blond hairdo, saying 'Billy Idol called, he wants his look back.'" That is hilarious because that is exactly what I said when I saw his hair. Brad is cute but the hair...is not so happening. Give me a call, Jen, and we can have a bitch session! LOL

Gina, darling, I love that Live From The Archives CD. Acoustic versions of so many songs I like. I lurve Melissa Etheridge's Come to my Window, Sarah McLachlan's Fallen, Alanis's Everything, Nelly Furtado's I'm Like a Bird, and Gavin de Graw's I Don't Want to Be. But really I love the whole thing. Diana Krall Live is also awesome. She has been a big hit at the Montreal Jazz Fest for years but I've never had the occasion to go see her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I am so glad you like the music my dear. So many of those tunes invoke the "melancholia" so I haven't listened to it much. I like the "Fa-Fa" song.

I think Jen's got a lot of class. Good for her.

So who should she hook up with next? :p

August 2, 2005 at 11:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home