Sunday, September 25, 2005

Busy Times

I'm trying to type this post as kitty is trying to hog the computer keyboard, which is making it difficult. She wants my attention. Regardless, I shall post since I have been neglecting this place in the last week. School is truly back in full swing. Life is just busy but I am in a good mood so it is flowing smoothly. :) I have a neverending pile of readings but such is the life of a grad student.
From people's posts on boards and blogs, they are loving the new season of Arrested Development. It is indeed full of goodness. :) Tomorrow night is a new episode! Hurrah! I hope we get more great quotes out of it.
The Daily Show was good last week. Jon had a great bit about God not understanding the meaning of "God Bless America" with all the natural disasters that have been unleashed recently. He also did an impression of Shimon Perez, the former Israeli prime minister, reading Goodnight Moon, which was hilarious even though I am only vaguely familiar with that book. George Clooney was the guest on Thursday, and he is just one fine actor in all possible meanings of that word. He was charming, funny, smart, and well, he brings on the pretty. LOL His new movie, which he directed, co-wrote, and acted in about the showdown between Edward R. Murrow & Joseph McCarthy sounds really interesting. I'll have to catch that.
That makes me think... For anyone interested, there was a nice Q&A with Stephen Colbert in the NY Times magazine. I'll miss not seeing him on TDS, but I really hope his show will be successful. If only a broadcaster would pick it up in Canada!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home