Monday, September 19, 2005

Today's News. Now With More Arrested Development Commentary and The Fashion Corner!

I am just feeling tired today for no particular reason. I slept well; I don't know what is up. I had kind of a headache so I took a nap before dinner but it took me a bit longer than usual to drag myself to choir (registration starts at 6:30; I was there around 6:50-6:55). It was full by the time I got there. Bah. I'm on the waiting list, which means I can attend rehearsals but I'm not getting sheets of music (I must look on someone else's sheets) and I'm unsure of being in the concert at the end of the term. I will get in only if other people drop out. I was unsure in the first place if I wanted to be in the choir at all this term since I'm so busy and I have other things on my mind, I think I'm just going to skip it. I'll probably rejoin in January.
I'm starting to TA tomorrow morning. Stats tutorial at 9 am is hard on both me and the students. LOL
Arrested Development had its season premiere tonight. Such a funny show, who sadly got snobbed at the Emmys last night. It is so dirty and twisted for an 8 pm show; I'm so surprised that they get it passed the censors. Not that I am complaining since it makes me laugh so much. Clever innuendos are good mental jogging! ;)
I went shopping for some fall clothes yesterday. I have integrated Stacy's and Clinton's shopping techniques:
1) Try on a lot of clothes to buy a few pieces that look good.
2) Try styles that are likely to flatter your body type/height. I won't go in details but I know what that means for me.
3) Try finding pieces that are polyvalent but try to buy ensembles at once.
4) Look at yourself in the mirror, and be a tough critic as to how the clothes fall on you. LOL
Thus, I tried on so many clothes to find things that looked good but I still did it in about 2 to 2 and a half hours, which is impressive. I did find a few pieces (and I found the professional-looking pieces I needed) so it was a satisfactory trip. I finally bought the black velvety jacket I had seen last month. I had been thinking about it since then so I figured I was allowed to go buy it now since I was unlikely to change my mind about it. Lucky for me, there were two left in my size! The store had awesome sales so I found a nice black velvety skirt to go with the jacket for half price! I got a nice light-knit pale pink sweater to go with it. I also bought a skirt suit in a pied-de-poule pattern (I think the translation for that term is houndstooth but I'm not sure. It's a very small black and white checkered pattern). The skirt is knee-length and has a pencil shape except for the bottom, which flares out. It's hard to describe but anyway, I paired it with a silk-like dark purple camisole and I must confess I looked hot in that outfit. LOL Plus, the suit was 75$ instead of 150$ so I was pleased. I also got a dark red/purple knit sweater, which is super comfy.
Okay, I'm done describing clothes. Not the most interesting thing to read about, I'm sure. LOL Today, I am wearing the necklace that I got in NYC last January (you know, the one I was trying to put on at the restaurant unsuccessfully!) so I was thinking about all you girls. I really hope we get to meet up sometimes soon. :) Maybe I can convince you to trek up north? :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

ok, first of all, I wore the black patent leather high heeled slides that I got at the TO equvalent of Marshalls to the wedding this weekend and was complimented on them, so of course I was thinking of you and my trip there! Yeah for TANC girl shopping trips! That necklace was beeyootiful! :) I'd go north in a heartbeat babe, but my weekends seem to be booked south for a while.

Secondly, I can so picture the skirt you are describing and it sounds gorgeous! I am so happy for your bountiful shopping excursion, Clinton and Stacey would be so proud!

Speaking of Marshalls and shopping did I tell you about the mossy green suede short-waisted blazer I got?? OMG it is so adorable and only $79.

We must talk. You know, I dl'd yahoo messanger again and we can do online phone calls that way...
I miss you. *sniff*

September 19, 2005 at 11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I miss you too, my darling. We do need to catch up.

The printer I'm using at work is killing me. It's being soooooo slow; I'll be printing till the cows come home.

I remember you got awesome shoes in TO but I only remember the pink ones. I'm sure you looked fabu. how was the wedding, by the way?

I have AIM and MSN Messenger but now I need Yahoo Messenger? Dang. LOL

Mossy green suede blazer. Ooooo. That must be great. I actually saw one that I loved too but they didn't have it in my size. This is again the proof that we have a psychic connection or something. ;) Hee.

September 20, 2005 at 12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

The pink ones are even more to die for, it's true, but they are just another constant reminder of what I am trying to not think about. This is why I am so miserable. I have to live in a f*cking vacuum not to think about it all.

The black ones were higher, had patent leather, and then like a reddish/pink fabric swirl over them with a little red leather tied bow.

September 20, 2005 at 3:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to do TO!

September 21, 2005 at 3:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home