Wednesday, August 31, 2005

September? Really?!?

When did that happen? I missed the memo that summer was almost over! LOL The university campus is so calm in August: no line-up at Tim Horton's, quiet bathrooms that are clean even at the end of the day, the ability to walk the corridors without pushing anyone/getting pushed or hit by a bag or an elbow,... In two weeks, all of a sudden, the place will be flooded anew with students. Little 17-year-old freshmen will be wandering around, looking lost and a bit scared while older students will catch up boisterously with friends they haven't seen in a while. As much as I appreciate the calm of summer, it is nice to see the campus come back to life. The beginning of a new year always fills me up with a little extra energy and enthusiasm.

In other news, the price of a litre of gas has reached 1.35$ in Montreal. Holy cow, Batman! I long for the days only a little over a year ago when people complained about paying 0.90$. Just to put that in perspective for my American friends, 1 gallon is equal to 3.8 litres. So we're basically paying 5.13$ per gallon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the dollar conversion though? It was $3.10/gallon here yesterday.

So weird that you posted this today, because I literally just put on my watch and glanced at the date and said out loud, to myself, "how did it get to be SEPTEMBER???" The cat woke up to gaze in my general direction lazily, as if to say, "you're talking to yourself, I assume, since I KNOW you wouldn't wake me from my 23 1/2 hour nap for such information."

Yes, not only am I talking to myself, but I'm assigning comments to the cat as well. I'm telling you, Middle America is not good for me.

September 1, 2005 at 12:45 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Yes, I should have posted that even with the exchange rate, it is still 4.31$US/gallon. Yikes. This is one of those days where not having a car doesn't seem so bad.

The cat and I have conversations all the time. ;) That's the beautiful thing about them, they don't mind it too much if you anthropomorphize them. LOL

September 1, 2005 at 1:08 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

You two are making me laugh. I was well aware of the date. Whee!!!!!!

September 1, 2005 at 4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home