Monday, November 21, 2005

All The Cool Kids Are Doing It...

So I decided to play the MP3s game. You post the first line of 20 songs that pop up on your MP3 player. I posted up the first line of the song unless it gave away the title. Good luck guessing. :)

EDITED TO ADD CLUES TO THE ONES NOT YET IDENTIFIED:
1. Take me now, baby, here as I am.
2. When I'm drivin' in my car, and the man comes on the radio
3. I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
4. It doesn't mean much; It doesn't mean anything at all
5. I must've died and gone to heaven. Clue: A band that does electronic-type music.
6. I know you’re home, you left your light on. Clue: Rocker chick
7. Listen, baby Clue: A cover of a very popular song by Diana Ross.
8. You've got style, that's what all the girls say
9. You don't have to take the bar exam to see Clue: Song by one of the most popular 80s alternative bands. They are still around today although they lost a member a few years ago.
10. She comes out on Fridays every time Clue: Band with a dreaded frontman.
11. So I ran faster But it caught me here Clue: 90s song from the first album of this pretty non-commercial singer-songwriter.
12. Once upon a midnight dearie Clue: These guys have the blues...
13. DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby
14. Well I went to bed in Memphis and I woke up in Hollywood
15. And everywhere I go, people know the part I'm playing
16. See me comin to town with my soul Clue: Song from the latest album of this alterno-Sciento.
17. I got all my sisters with me
18. There are places I’ll remember Clue: Just the most popular band ever. LOL
19. If you see a faded sign by the side of the road that says 15 miles to the...
20. I see him standing silhouetted in the lamplight Clue: Rock band fronted by a woman.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Funness!

1) Because the Night, originally by Patty Smith, but I'm betting you have the Natalie Merchant cover playing. LOL
2) The Stones Satisfaction. Gen, you rock.
3) Is it that sappy "I Hope You Dance" song?
4) Sweet Surrender, Sarah McLachlan

7) Could be anything! LOL I want to guess Marvin Gaye, Sexual Healing or Al Green Let's Stay Together.
8) Is making me absolutely nuts.

13) Music, Madonna
14) Steve McQueen, Sheryl Crow
15) Just a Gigilo, David Lee Roth, (Or Louie Prima?)

17) We are Family, Sister Sledge
18) Oh please. Should I save a few for Jamie? LOL
19) Love Shack, B52's

November 21, 2005 at 8:19 a.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I'm glad you got some. I removed from my list Canadian songs and obscure Tori Amos/Sarah McLachlan songs no one would I been able to guess. LOL

You are right, I do have the Natalie Merchant cover of Because The Night. Anyway, 1, 2, 3 (Yes, it is sappy but I like it! LOL), 4, 13, 14, 15, 17, and 19 are right.

I do have the David Lee Roth version of "Just A Gigolo". This song reminds me of my grandpa. I know weird song for that but hee. We used to have huge Easter parties every year in the 80s. Well, every year, this song would play, and I remember dancing with my grandpa to it. So it brings back nice memory for me. :)

I love Satisfaction but you are going to think I am much less cool when I tell you I have the MP3 of the Britney Spears' cover of the song! LOL I love The Stones version though. I just don't have it on my computer!

7 is not anything. It's neither Marvin Gaye or Al Green but you are on the right track. The version I have is performed by a duo. Actually, I just looked at the lyrics of different versions, and I've realized that you have it in your list (number 10) too, just a different version! LOL

8 should be making you nuts because you totally know what it is. It's a song from the 80s. :)

November 21, 2005 at 12:25 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

omg yes! The other version starts that way!

Just A gigilo reminds me of my parents, lol. They did the Lindy to it at my graduation party, all my friends circled around them clapping.

Is 8 Madonna?

November 21, 2005 at 1:02 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Yep, 8 is Madonna. Any guess as to which song?

I can give hints on some of the other songs if you want. I think you know most of them.

November 21, 2005 at 5:56 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

I got it! Dress You Up in My Love!

November 21, 2005 at 6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home