Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sleep, Such Sweet Pleasure and Sorrow.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, and sang along with the radio for a bit. *whispers* It was Celine Dion's Because You Loved Me. Bwah!. However, I was so tired and knowing I could still sleep until 7:00-7:30 without being late, I decided to sleep a bit more. Big mistake as it turns out because either I didn't hear the alarm or I turned off by mistake, but next time I awoke it was 9:30!!! Oy! What a way to start the day. Fortunately, as it turns out, it didn't matter so much because there were no room available to test the patient I needed to see anyway. Seeing as there was no one in the office, no one even knew I was MIA. It has rarely happened to me to oversleep despite my being horribly difficult to wake. This is only the third time it has happened since I have lived on my own although one of those times was a morning where I had to present at a conference! Thank God my roommate at the time realized I was still asleep when I shouldn't have been, and came to wake me up. Any good oversleeping stories, anyone?
I just had lunch from this cafe/bistro near the hospital. I knew they made awesome lattes but the sandwich and side salad I had were divine. My sandwich was a croissant with ham, brie, and tomato. It tasted just like home. :) I had a greek salad on the side which was full of red & yellow peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives & a bit of feta. I had that with a latte. Happiness is a 10$ meal that makes you feel like 1 million dollars. :)
Besides that, I have good news! My brother got accepted in the orthodontics program he had been dying to get into so that means he'll be able to move into the condo he just bought, and everything will be great. :) Ironically enough, as he moves out next summer (when the condo will be finished being built), I might be moving back in with my parents. Hahaha. My poor parents. I'm currently applying to one-year, full-time clinical internships, and turns out that a lot that are interesting are located in Montreal. :) The problem though is that the ones in Mtl pay a grand total of 0$. Hence, if I take one, I may have to move back in with my parents next year because I won't be able to afford an apartment. Anyway, I haven't told my friends and family back home that I'm applying to all these programs so they're not disappointed if it doesn't work out. Neverthless, I think it would be so great if I got to move back to Montreal for at least a year since I miss everyone so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

That meal sounds divine Gen! I would kill for a latte right now, but I was just handed the beepers. *meh* (It's gingerbread latte time btw!)

I did a lot of cooking this week, which pleased me. I plan to bake tomorrow or Sat AM. I am actuallly only working 8 hr shifts this weekend because of my switch, so I am pysched! So will my coworkers because I am bringing in pie. Whee!

I know how happy you would be to be back in Montreal. I hope you get the internship there. You can handle your parents for 12 months. Hee. I can't wait to catch up with you Friday and or Saturday night. Let's make mayhem. *weg*

November 17, 2005 at 4:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Peppermint Mocha!!!! =D

I don't think I've overslept on an important day. My eyes tend to automatically open one minute before my alarm goes off. It's kinda creepy.

November 17, 2005 at 5:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Aren't I a Mtl friend? You told me about the Mtl internship... I guess I should feel special because you think I can handle the dispointment:)You're right, I can. But I would like it very much if you did come back for a bit.

That meal you had does sound like typical mtl fare, from somewhere around Jean-Talon Market maybe. I'm glad you found that place!

Miss you and hope to talk to you soon.

November 17, 2005 at 9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

But you know you are the only Mtl person I've told! I should written in parentheses (but Eve knows). LOL I tell you everything because I can't keep my trap shut when we start yakking. ;)

Yes, that food made me think of summer days walking around Jean-Talon Market. My brother is going to be living close by so I'll have to get him shopping there. :)

Gina, yes, we shall catch up this weekend. It feels like we haven't chatted in forever. I would kill for some of your pie. :) I had a gingerbread latte this week. Mmmm.

Bee, not creepy! I wish I had a built-in alarm clock.

November 17, 2005 at 10:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home