Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Love The Internet!

Why? Because you can find pretty much anything. Someone, somewhere often likes the same thing, and decides to post it for the world to see. I think I've mentioned in a previous post (which I can seem to find at the moment...) that I used to love one of the most juvenile cartoons on SNL: The Ambiguously Gay Duo. It was just utterly stupid but always quite funny. It was a cartoon based on the fact that people like to speculate on the sexual orientation of superhero duos like Batman and Robin. A few years ago, I discovered that two of my favourite comedians, Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell, voiced the duo. So that only wanted me to rewatch those cartoons even more. Well, I found them on the web! Still juvenile, and still makes me laugh.

Speaking of Stephen Colbert, Monday's episode of The Colbert Report was so amazing! He had a bit with
Conan where he parodied the O'Reilly interview on Letterman (I can only link to the general video page), talked about the Abramoff scandal in "There's No Word", had a Elmo death threat report as well as mention of his documentary "Stephen Colbert's Hiphopketball: A Jazzerbration". Finally, he decided to start a feud with the Associated Press (in the grand tradition of O'Reilly going ape on any issue) over the fact that an article failed to mention his name when "truthiness", a word Colbert coined, was chosen word of the year by the American Dialect Society.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Gen, "why is everyone looking at us?"

Hee. That was awesome. Procrastinating the paper I see? :p

January 15, 2006 at 7:09 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Nah, the paper was last week. That's over with. I still have work to do but I am also allowed a bit of fun. Well, I am taking time for myself. LOL

January 15, 2006 at 9:16 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Oh, and yeah, most of their episodes have the same structure. Ace always pats Gary on the butt. Really, it is all so juvenile but it is incredibly dumb, I can't help but laugh. I feel the same way about the Naked Gun movies.

My favourite installment of the Ambiguously Gay Duo is probably "The Safety Tips" one. The kids are looking at them like they are kooks.

I was looking for you online last night because I thought you'd be around... Where were you?

January 15, 2006 at 9:32 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

Well, the man and boys stayed home for the birthday, and he and I were wacthing the premier of "24" which rocked omgwtf????? LOL Then watched Gray's Anatomy and went to bed.

I'm sorry I missed you. Truly. Maybe tonight.

January 16, 2006 at 9:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home