Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We All Scream for Ice Cream!

Man, is it ever hot in Toronto. It is still 30 celsius (86F) outside at midnight. Yikes. Anyway, so it was hot, and I had seen ice cream vendors all over the place today so I decided I needed to eat kickass ice cream. There is a little place around the corner that makes great ice cream, and I never take advantage of it so tonight was the night. The lineup was a street block long though at 9:30 so I waited for a bit.

Around 11:00, I went to get a scoop of chocoholic ice cream & one of espresso ice cream. So, so good! Mmmmm, caffeinated ice cream! Anyway, the cup cost 5$ so I give the girl a 20$. When I get outside the store, I realize she gave me back 4 5$ bills. These poor kids working so hard scooping ice cream all night, and the cash won't balance. So I decide to go back into the store to give her back the money. You should have seen the head of the teenagers behind the counter. They really looked like they thought I was crazy for bringing money back. LOL Honestly, I probably wouldn't have felt bad if it had been in a big chain store, but this place needs its business dollars. Besides, bad karma ain't worth 5$.

Off to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Oooh! I scooted out for ice cream last night too from the Black Cow. Yum. I brought home kaluha for D and cookie dough for me. He won.

August 3, 2006 at 5:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home