Friday, May 25, 2007

Movies, Movies, Movies!

I rented three movies in the last two weeks, which is some kind of record these days. How sad given that I used to watch that in one evening when I was a teen and my brother worked in a videostore (those were the days!). Anyway, I indulged in movies, which is always nice. I rented Music and Lyrics, Dreamgirls, and Catch & Release.

Music and Lyrics was cute, if very forgettable. I didn't feel much happened in the movie, which thinking back on it, is probably because the tension/conflict in the movie occurred with characters who we didn't see that much on screen like the writer ex-boyfriend or the pop singer. Still watching Hugh Grant sing cheesy 80s songs was fun and he had some good one-liners. I always enjoy Drew Barrymore so that was another plus for the movie. Would I rewatch it? Eh, wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

I always enjoy a musical so I liked Dreamgirls. The songs and music in it are fantastic and it is just an interesting storyline. I don't care much for Jamie Foxx and Beyonce though so I think that played into my not being over the moon about it. Jennifer Hudson though does a good job. Plus, my TV boyfriend pops in there for a scene so that is neat.

I really really enjoyed Catch & Release though. It is written and directed by the same screenwriter who did In Her Shoes. The movie is about copping with grief and discovering someone is not really who you thought he/she was. I am not sure how I felt about the ending, but as a whole, it just touched me a lot. I think it is worth seeing.

My friend Eve is coming to stay for the weekend to visit and find an apartment. Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home