Thursday, August 04, 2005

How I Love The Smell of Garbage In The Evening.

It's a hot summer so Toronto is slowly rotting. Tonight was garbage night on my street so coming home from running errands was fairly unpleasant. Mind you, I grew up near fields so it would sometimes smell like manure but that only happened a few times a year.

I did a major cleanup in my bedroom, which I had been meaning to do for weeks. I needed to throw out a lot since I was being swallowed by all the paperwork. I can tolerate only so much chaos. I wished I had more space, since it would help to keep things organized, but oh well, I need to work around that. It's not quite done yet (I had lots of paper!) but still it's already so much better. The beauty of it all almost makes me cry.

While I was doing all this cleaning, I was watching some of the crime shows on A&E. I love them crime shows but I really should have skipped Cold Case Files because seeing the case of a serial rapist and murderer is never anything to make me feel secure and relaxed. I guess it is the reality of it all that scares me because I didn't use to be scared by The X-Files even when, as a teen, I watched them by myself while babysitting on Friday nights. Or maybe I've forgotten that it used to scare me. Who knows? LOL

I didn't mention it in my previous post but the kitty had a vet appointment for her annual vaccines yesterday morning. She is always shaken up by being taking out of her home more than anything else about the experience. Mind you, not that she likes to be injected in the hind leg either. As a matter of fact, she spent part of the day trying to cool her hind legs on the bathroom ceramic floor, something quite challenging to do since it is so bloody hot. But she was very cuddly so we had a nice mommy-kitty day yesterday. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I guess it is the reality of it all that scares me because I didn't use to be scared by The X-Files even when, as a teen, I watched them by myself while babysitting on Friday nights.

Somewhere, an executive producer is heard crying... :p

August 5, 2005 at 12:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home