Monday, August 08, 2005

I Have a Dream...

But unlike Martin Luther King's speech, mine is a pragmatic and materialistic dream. I dream of having a whole 2-bedroom apartment to myself. I could then have a bedroom and an office. In separate rooms! What an amazing concept. I miss living in a house sometimes. I didn't have to try to fit everything I owned in my bedroom. I have so many books & papers (even after a major purge), and yet, a tiny room and closet. I have a bookcase in the livingroom but still... Anyway, I am really looking forward to having space one day. Once I get a spacious room/condo/house, I shall revel in it. And it shall be my own. To be decorated as I please!
Oh, and I want a big kitchen. Lots of counter space to chop veggies and put all your bowls around you. I also need a double sink because it is so much easier to do dishes that way. That's pretty much it. I don't dislike my current place; it just is a bit crowded for 2 people. Although, as my choir conductor was saying yesterday at dinner (the choir went out for beers and burgers after my concert): "Toronto apartments are bigger than Tokyo's. Never forget that." So I shall meditate on that. LOL
Concert was fun yesterday. I hadn't exactly mastered all the tunes (having a bit lax in my practice this summer) but I still had fun. Which I guess is the point.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Federation of Metro Tenants Associations said...

But could you afford all that room?

August 27, 2009 at 11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home