Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Weird Dream Alert!

I was going to wait to write this down later but if I wait too long, I'll forget. Anyway, I had a weird dream I had to write down just because it left me feeling out of sorts today. I partially blame TDS for their apocalyptic reporting last night, and an article I read in Vanity Fair about Iraq for this strange dream.

My mother, my brother, and I were driving aimlessly around Toronto for some unknown reason, and it was raining a lot. I'm not sure why my dad wasn't there though, but I don't remember having him around. Anyway, we decided to go back to our hotel, probably because of the weather. I knew we were staying at the hotel at the corner of Yonge and Bloor (in real life, it would be the Marriott) because it connected to the stores there. It was weird because although the city was pretty faceless, it also combined key features of Montreal and Toronto in an odd blend. I should also mention that the dream had a futuristic look to it; it seemed to take place in the future although my mo and bro looked the same as they do now. Anyway, the fact that it took place a long time from now might explain why I had to stay in a hotel instead of my own apartment.

My mother and brother went ahead of me in the hotel since I had to park the car, and then, I was left searching for my hotel room, looking through the open doors as I went through the corridors (it had the feel of a dorm rather than a hotel in that way). But I was panicking because I just couldn't find them. After a while, I found my brother. He said my mom was somewhere else in the hotel, and all was fine. My brother and I had a long talk while each sitting on our bed (I don't remember what we discussed). Then, my brother went to see my mom in her room but not long after, someone came in my room, saying the apocalypse was coming. The informant was talking about earthquakes, torrential rains, fire everywhere, the works. LOL For the moment though, the only things happening were things were being swallowed into the ground, and torrential rain. All of a sudden, everyone started screaming and fleeing the hotel. Instead of trying to take things with me or figuring out where my mom and brother were, I got let myself be pushed by the crowd and ended up in the mall part that is connected to the hotel. I wanted to go back to see my mom and bro but I kept walking forward for some reason.

At some point, I saw a refridgerator display case (like they have in shops), and it was identified as being my water/juice ration during this ordeal. There was a girl meddling in her ration next to mine, and hers was much bigger. She was bragging about it, and lauding how organized and good at managing it she was. Then, she noticed my fancy sparkly aqua keychain and purse (your guess is as good as mine on what that means! LOL), and asked if I had come from the hotel. (Somehow the purse tipped her off. LOL) I said yes, and she offered me a lot of money to get my hotel guest pass. She said that hotel was built to withstand earthquakes, and everybody would want to hide in there since it was clear the worst was yet to come. There would be flooding so she needed to be high above the ground. I looked in my purse, and saw my guest pass but I lied to her, saying I didn't have it on me. I wanted to be able to go back to look for my mother and my brother and get all my stuff (I had my purse but not my money for some reason) but the money wasn't worth not seeing my family again. I said we might cross paths again in the future, and I would certainly have my pass with me by then. I bid her good luck, and went on my way. It was just totally chaos around me. I was really scared but then, I resolved to return to the hotel to find my family. I was walking against the current of people exiting the hotel, which made it very difficult. I had to push really hard. I started roaming the hallways of the hotel endlessly but they all seemed empty... But then I woke up.

I wished I had a better ending to this but sadly no. I was so scared and freaked out though when I woke up. It was one of the most disturbing dreams I had in a really long time. I need never to go to bed with apocalyptic thoughts in my head again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dream has officially freaked ME out.

August 18, 2005 at 10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I gotta say though; I think I figured out the meaning of the dream. I think I have to look beyond the signs of the apocalypse. LOL I think I'm just upset that I feel I'm leaving my family behind, and I'm feeling distanced from them, which is one of my preoccupations these days. In the dream, I refuse money because I want to see them more than anything, which is certainly true. Nothing is worth being away from the people I love. The end of the world is just incidental to my anxiety over my dissertation these days. LOL

August 19, 2005 at 12:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home