Monday, August 29, 2005

This Is Not Good...

Today has been not the funnest day. I woke up with a headache, which didn't go away until I took Advil. My right foot was also a bit sore when I woke up because I walked a lot yesterday. I should have been smart and put on my sneakers but I find my flip flops more comfy in the summer so that is what I wore. No big deal. However today, as I was packing my work bag to come to the lab, I dropped a heavy book on said right foot. Then, I had a bunch of errands to run, and I was lugging my laptop and books I had to return so it was heavy. Hence, my foot is now most unhappy. So yeah, this is not good.

Incidentally, it reminds me that I've stolen "This is not good" from the show Made in Canada. Well, not so much as stolen as borrowed from that moment on. LOL For a whole season, all the episodes of Made in Canada ended with that sentence.

I must say, however, I had a great day yesterday. David and I went exploring some corners of Toronto, and then, I tried to kill him by taking him to an Indian restaurant for dinner. LOL ;) Innocent vegetables + really hot spices= a lot of choking. I'm sorry again for that!
That's it for today's report. My database work awaits!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "I've made a huge mistake" from AD? I find myself saying that ALOT = 0

August 30, 2005 at 12:20 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Yes! As you will see on toots' board, I've put up GOB's pic with that sentence as my new title.

When I hit a wrong button on my computer, it says "I've made a huge mistake." LOL When I turn on my computer, Buster says "Hey, hermano". When I shut down, it's GOB's and Lindsay's conversation about bees/beads with Michael saying at the end: "GOB's not on board." I also have "What about macaroni- let me finish- salad?" (I'm just missing the finger twirl! LOL) & "I've got the information" somewhere in there. I also have Futurama "You've got mail. It's not spam." as my Outlook inbox sound, and David Letterman saying "Hey skippy, you've got mail." for my MSN inbox. I do realize I've gone crazy but Gina and I found lots of .wav files online last week! LOL

Actually, Made in Canada, which I quoted in my original post, was similar to Arrested Development although the first few episodes of MiC were certainly not as strong as AD's. They had a similar level of insanity and political incorrectness running through it but MiC was a workplace satire set in the world of television production company. Sadly, like AD, MiC was really not all that popular. It just killed me but many people didn't seem to really appreciate that type of humour.

Talking about the macaroni salad/Atkins diet episode, MiC had a similar episode where the fool of a boss goes on a protein diet and bans coffee and vegetables in the office. The employees start a contraband coffee shop in someone's office. Then, the boss goes on TV for a vanity autobiography show he fought to get but has a public mental meltdown due to his diet.

August 30, 2005 at 1:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could get carazy like that on my computer! It's so old and slow that it's better to keep it just the way it is. The closest I get is "The Final Countdown" ringer on my cel phone. =D

Looks like the Canada show was funny! When was it on the air?

"Bzz! Let's see who brings in more honey." LOL!!!

August 30, 2005 at 4:46 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

It was on the air between 1998-2003. I know it aired in the US on Bravo under the name "The Industry". Sadly, it is not rerunning anymore in Canada, and only the first season is out on DVD. I've never actually seen the first season, which only has 6 episodes. Kiddo rented it and said it sucked (LOL), especially compared to the rest of the series.

August 30, 2005 at 6:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home