Monday, October 10, 2005

How To Ruin the Spirit of Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada, the day to give thanks for all the blessings. I must say, I've really messed up my Thanksgiving this year. I spent most of the day cursing things as opposed to appreciating what I have. I have just been feeling so tired and stressed out recently, despite taking time off on weekends to appreciate all the finer points of life that do not involve work. Clearly, I'm not as used to that as I thought; "laidback" is not my middle name. LOL I spent the day cursing a sore shoulder and plugged-up ears (You'd think I was in my sixties, not my twenties), feeling the weight of all the work but wanting to spend the day sleeping, feeling cranky and sad about life for no good reason,... Ah, the joys of PMS.
I shall write down 10 things I am thankful to help me remember the things I am usually grateful for...
1) My parents and my brother, for always supporting me.
2) My friends, for listening to me.
3) The Boy, for being sweet and putting up with me even when I'm not at my best.
4) My cat, for being a loving little pest.
5) My bed, for keeping warm and comfy all these nights.
6) My laptop, for never giving up on me and keeping up the good work of not getting infected by viruses! LOL
7) Coffee, for making mornings a little easier.
8) Sun, for creating wonderful sunrises and sunsets and making me all warm and fuzzy.
9) Work, for having found a field where I feel useful on good days, and not too bad on not-so-good days.
10) Books, for allowing me to learn and mentally travel everywhere through time and space.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY good, Gen. I'm not feeling the love lately, either. Good for you, for remembering your blessings. I, on the other hand, don't have to give thanks for another six weeks. Cheers, J.

October 11, 2005 at 1:09 a.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

Yes Genny, good for you. I always mean to jot down things I am grateful for every day and then forget.

Right now I am grateful for my slippers and throw. I am loathe to go out in this weather, but I know yoga will soothe my soul and get me into the writing frame of mind.

October 11, 2005 at 8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Finding things to be grateful for helps me put things in perspective. I get cranky & stressed sometimes, and I forget the big picture.

Today is a new day. I seem to be feeling a bit better. My neck and shoulders are still sore but a little less so. I'm just trying to focus on the good in my life. This is the only way I'll finish graduate school in one piece.

October 11, 2005 at 11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home