Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ode To Sleep

This morning was one of those mornings when I just wanted to stay all bundled up in my bed. Sadly, it was not meant to be. I was actually composing an ode to sleep in my head while riding the subway. LOL As I was thinking of rhymes, I dozed off (LOL), so I can't really remember it all now! Anyway, my poem was free form rather than following the structure of an ode but the word "ode" sounds more dramatic!
This is what I remember of it:
Sleep so sweet
Nestled under a sheet
Enveloped in peaceful slumber
Made of dream and wonder
I'll need to work on this poem since my whole semester will be a worship at the altar of the hours of sleep I do get. Despite my lack of sleep, I shall have to stay up (or at least program my VCR) this Thursday night, because Late Night with Conan O'Brien has a full hour with U2!!! Mmmm...good music!

I'll leave you with a smart quote I heard this morning on my favourite French radio show. "Parfois, l'envers de la vérité n'est pas le mensonge mais la bêtise." This can be translated to: "Sometimes, the opposite of the truth is not lie but stupidity." Deep, huh?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Sometimes, the opposite of the truth is not lie but stupidity

I think that is the story of my life Gen, LOL.

I have been worshipping sleep, and my cold-ridden body has thanked me for it. I love your poem.

October 5, 2005 at 10:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home