Monday, October 03, 2005

If Everything Were Easy...

life would be boring. I must remind myself of that; otherwise, I'd go crazy sometimes. All my dissertation stuff is stressing me out tremendously. I don't really feel like discussing the particulars, which are not interesting anyway, but let's just say, I have a big ball of stress in my stomach today. Thank God for the relaxing weekend I had; it makes all of this easier to bear.

Some days, I wonder if my head will explode from the stress. You know, like cartoons where a cranium explodes and sends bits and pieces everywhere. LOL

I'm at my old practicum today testing a patient I had previously seen for a follow-up. It was not an overly stressful day but just the weight of everything on my metaphorical plate is enough to send me running for the hills... Anyway, I need to go take a walk in the halls, and get myself a cup of coffee. That always makes the day seem a little better. :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cup of coffee makes EVERYthing better. :)

October 3, 2005 at 6:08 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm laughing at the notion of bits of cranium scattered everywhere.

I agree life would be pretty boring. Though God knows, I need one boring day for every ten chaotic ones...

October 4, 2005 at 9:05 a.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I liked the imagery of the exploded cranium too, which I think makes me a bit twisted. LOL I like that the cranium explodes from building frustration; some much better than just from a dropped anvil. ;)

October 4, 2005 at 10:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys ever watch "The Upside of Anger"? There is a scene where a head explodes while everyone is having dinner. Everyone continues to eat like nothing happened. One of THE funniest scenes in the whole movie. =D

October 4, 2005 at 2:13 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

I did. That was a very interesting movie about the crazy things people will do when angry. See, that may just have slipped into my subconscious... LOL

October 4, 2005 at 4:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home