Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Collection of Events (Aka My Life)

I had a busy day yesterday (class, paper to write, lots of reading, and private tutoring), and for some reason, last night, I just couldn't stop and go to bed. Maybe it was The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (finally in Canada!) that made me laugh too much. Anyway, I slept very little last night, have yet to have a cup of coffee, and yet, I've accomplished a lot this morning. Go figure.
The weirdest thing happened on Sunday afternoon. I dropped off my DVDs at the videostore, and was on my way to the library to drop off my books. A guy just says hi to me on the street, and I reply hi. Then, he asks me if I want to go out for a drink. LOL Talk about random! Hee. One of my friends used to say that the only persons who will speak to you on the street or in the subway in Toronto are people of questionable mental stability. It's a very sad fact albeit often true. I really miss Montreal for the casual friendliness and warmth of its people.
Gina, on the bus this morning, I was listening to the Live From The Archives CD you gave me. I am still listening to it as a matter of fact. It is such a beautiful compilation of songs stripped down to their purest form: a voice and an instrument or two. Alanis's guitar version of Everything and Sarah McLachlan's piano only version of Fallen just make me want to cry. I also love Melissa Etheridge's Come to My Window, Grant-Lee Philipps's Mona Lisa, Nelly Furtado's I'm Like A Bird, Gavin de Graw's I Don't Want to Be, and Pat McGee Band's Beautiful Ways.
Busy week in perspective. Lots of research work to get done, applications for internships, patient report to finish, papers to read for my class next week,... However, I get to have fun tonight with a friendly game of poker with some grad students from neighbouring labs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

:) I'm so glad you like the CD. I have that other one for you, I keep forgetting to mail it.

Life is busy here too Gen. Have fun playing cards.

November 8, 2005 at 2:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, *I* want a copy of that cd!! Sounds fan-freaking-tastic.

The drink... did you go?

Have already hit the 12-hour mark for today and still going. Zzzzzz...

November 8, 2005 at 10:10 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

The drink? Oh God no! LOL The guy was at least 20 years older than me, and was just odd. I mean, really, who just tries to pick up a girl walking down the street? I mean, unless you're a top model or a famous actress? LOL In my experience, no guy I want to know.

November 9, 2005 at 12:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home