Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Just Have To Say It...

Okay, so I come home late, had a long day... The roommate decides to handwash some clothes in the tub and the sink, using bleach. In the mean time, I went outside to take out the trash, and upon coming back in the apartment, I'm assaulted by the scent. I'm really tired today so it made me feel a bit queasy. I ask: "Did you open the window in the bathroom? The scent is making me feel terrible." She had left the door of the bathroom open, and the window in the bathroom closed! She left her clothes to dry overnight like that. She's like: "It's not that bad. Close your bedroom door." The apartment reeks of bleach in the vacinity of the bathroom, and she does not care! This from the girl who complained about the scent of my laundry detergent for f&?* sake. I felt like punching her.
She is not helping her case today. This morning, I was up working really early in my bedroom. She saw me but instead of talking to me, she left a note in the kitchen saying she felt she had been doing too much of the cleaning lately, could I help. Now, I am all for doing my share but I have been home exactly 10 days in the last month, and most of those days, I have been barely here. Plus, I vacuumed at least once or twice in those days. I agree I need to mop the floors and help clean the bathroom but I was waiting for the weekend to do that. When I come home at 10 pm and she is in bed (she goes to bed every night around 10:00-10:30 but has music playing till midnight. Whatever.), I'm not sure cleaning is what she wants. I totally agree she has cleaned more than I recently but it's not exactly like I've had lots of opportunity to scrub since she has done it while I haven't been around. Anyway, I shouldn't be grumpy since I prefer she tells me than have a fit at some point, but still, I think she is a little high-maintenance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

=0 That is all I have to say.

*big hugs*

January 25, 2006 at 11:59 p.m.  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

honestly Gen, I loathe your roommate.

January 26, 2006 at 4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Brain Diva said...

Thanks you guys. I guess I slept well so today, it's just... bygones. I don't want to put energy in being mad at her so I promised myself to ignore this stuff. Anyway, I probably won't have to put up with her for much longer. I'll either move out this summer or the next. We'll see.

January 26, 2006 at 5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home