Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mmmm, Perfect Bagel.

I know it's a silly title but I had the perfect toasted bagel this morning, which deserves to be celebrated. See, my roommate's toaster is possessed, and hence tends to charbroil all bread, even at the lowest setting. Thus, whenever you toast bread at my place, you need to sit by the toaster, and watch out for your poor slices of bread. Every so often, you eat black toasts. This morning, however, was sheer perfection. Just golden enough that it's crunchy everywhere without being black. Hee, my life is so sad.

I've been neglecting my blog in the last week. Part busy, part lazy. So I thought I had to update today... My brother came to visit last Wednesday. He couldn't stay long but it was still so nice to see him. We went out for dinner, and had some very yummy Thai. My brother even brought me
a very fancy toothbrush. It is just awesome to use. That is the perk of having a dentist in the family. :) That makes me think, here is a picture of my brother, my mom, and me:



Hahaha, this was a little joke for my friend Eve, who I hope will read this entry. I should explain to everyone else that this is a picture from the most popular kid show while my brother and I were growing up. It was called Passe-Partout, and had such an impact in Quebec that my generation is often called the Passe-Partout generation. It was an educational show but without being cloying. It was very much what Sesame Street was to the US. The show had a mix of real humans and puppets. Oh, and it had
THE best songs! They even made records out of them, and my brother and I had them all. I still know all these songs by heart. LOL Anyway, I was looking around, and stumbled upon pictures of this show. I shall now make Cannelle (which means Cinnamon in French; her brother is named Pruneau, which means Prune! LOL), the little blonde girl in the picture above, my picture in my profile! LOL I also found a link to someone who has made DVDs of all the popular shows when I was growing up.

Thinking about all these shows I used to love just brightened my day. It diverted me from the finger that got caught in a heavy door. Such a stupid thing to do! Thank God the finger isn't broken.

Back to work, lovelies!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's got to be the best part of my day, Gen! Thanks for the picture! I hadn't thought of Canelle and Pruneau for so long. Actually, I was just singing the fish song (les poissons gigotent,les poissons barbottent... remember?)to the nephew while giving his bath earlier tonight. Passe-partout will live on through our generation if I have anything to say about it.
Glad you saved your finger. You never know what a girl might need all her fingers for...
Bisous de Montréal!

October 25, 2005 at 9:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home